Friday 9 June 2017

I Rescue Animals

I rescue animals...... and in return they rescue me...

Every day I rescue animals, I fight for them and dedicate my life to them. I rarely put myself first, and I never put the animals last, I always do the right thing for them. I am a positive person, but also very realistic, and have been worn down by the negativity of the world. I am a happy person with a constant sadness about the cruelty that surrounds us all.

I have opened my heart over and over, to more animals than I can count, and given them their happy tail, and a new chance. I have accepted my crazy world, and accepted, the fact I will never have a normal life, with a dog hair free home. I live every day for the animals, I wake up hoping to save more, and go to sleep thinking of those I could not save.

I go to cruelty reports, and shudder at what I see, as often it is worse than I could have imagined. I look into the eyes of the animals I save, and feel their pain, and hear their cries. I tell them they are loved, because I am sure no one else ever has. I spend time trying to educate the ignorant, this I fail at everyday.

I cannot save them all, and spend everyday knowing that it will never end, no matter how hard we try. I know that for every animal I save, there is another that I failed by not being able to save. Even so, I save as many as I can, I love more than I ever thought was possible, and I smile... because they smile back.

 I take on all of their pain, so they can be free to be happy, and begin to heal. Many days I loose my faith in humanity, and I often cry, I crawl into bed, and pull the covers over my head. Then an animal looks at me, and thanks me for saving them. I know I make a difference, I rescue animals, in turn they rescue me, therefore, everything in between is worth it! 












No comments:

Post a Comment