Thursday 10 August 2017

Yes, you have to pay!

Something that annoys me a lot is when people question that we ask for an adoption fee, they are truly shocked that we would. There are "rescues" that give the dogs away for free, claiming they don't want to profit, when in reality what that means is they don't give a toss, and have done nothing to the dog. The reality is if I wanted to profit from rehoming a dog, the adoption fee would be a lot more, we ask for something to help with the costs.

Rescuing dogs is expensive, and when people slag me off for asking for an adoption fee, they need to get their heads out of their arses.
Then you have the people that say " but I'm rehoming it, why do I have to pay" Or "surely, you just want rid of the dog" NO I dont just want rid, I want a home that actually cares, and that will have a dog with everything done.

For the adoption fee, they are getting a dog that is microchipped, has all their vaccinations and rabies injection, has a passport, and has had the filaria test done. They are also steralised/ castrated if of age, and treated for worms, ticks and fleas.

To adopt here in GC the cost to adopt is 120€ which trust me all that stuff cost me more, and still people moan.

In the UK we ask for 285 pounds, and this is an average amount for adopting a dog in the UK, and we have the added cost of travel on top. So on average I am around 400€ down for every dog.... am I insane yep, but it isnt about making money. For me it is making sure that we have done everything the dog needs, and found it the best home possible.

It isnt about popping a FB post up giving away animals , bleating how you don't ask for adoption fees, as its not about the money! That isnt a good rescue, that is a bunch of idiots being part of the problem, not part of the solution.


No comments:

Post a Comment