Sunday 17 December 2017

Christmas Puppies- A BIG NO

I never rehome puppies from the beginning of December to the middle of January, as I do not want to get tangled up in the idiots wanting Christmas pups. It still amazes me that people are stupid enough to want a dog as a gift. We receive calls on Christmas Eve every year, asking if we have any puppies, you can imagine our answer.

Every year a huge proportion of these "gifts" get returned, or dumped around march when they have grown, are no longer cute and fluffy, and the recipient has moved on. The list of reasons for the pups being dumped in the pound is beyond stupid, and every year when I think I have read/heard it all, another one pops up. These are some of the most stupid, but trust me there are many more!

• I’m a vegetarian but he always wanted to eat meat

• She was too friendly and wanted to greet every dog and human we met on a walk

• He was panting too much

• He didn’t like it when we played dress up

• She sleeps in her own bed all night – I thought she would want to sleep in my bed

• I won a free holiday and I couldn’t take my dogs with me

• Now he has lost weight he is too energetic

• She grew bigger than we thought she would

• He is always staring at me – even when I am eating

• He didn’t match the soft furnishings.



‘A dog is for life, not just for Christmas’







No comments:

Post a Comment