Friday 13 October 2017

Marmite!

I am often described as Marmite, you either love me, or hate me, which is fine, but what gets me is people that slag me off and do not even know me. Social media has opened up a dark world, where people can say what they want, and for some their daily enjoyment is hurting other people.



I get a lot of abuse on FB, on my pages, and on common ground. This abuse is often from people that do not even know me, they have heard of me through other people and have decided they would start. I honestly worry about the mentality of a person who takes enjoyment of of hurting others.

I think we should always stand up for what I believe in, and this often causes waves. The thing is I don't care, you don't have to follow my page, you don't have to read what I write, but rather than unfollow or ignore, people like to be abusive.

Someone wrote to me the other day asking for my help to get insurance for their new puppy. Now I will help anyone, so of course asked him where he got the puppy from. His answer... the pet shop... WTF there are thousands of abandoned puppies in the pounds, and you are lining the pockets of breeders. So, as you can imagine the conversation went down hill rapidly.

I was not rude, I simply pointed out that over 10,000 dogs go into our kill pound every year and that I invited him to wander around the pounds and see what the breeders were contributing too. He then got abusive, stating the usual boring line " WOW you really do have a bad attitude, I see from Facebook your not very well liked anyway, just maybe love if you was nicer people would support you more"

So, basically I have to support buying puppies from breeders, and kiss everyone's arse to get support hmmmmmm not going to happen. You only have to see what we do, to realize we are making a difference, and if you don't like me, oh well I'm not going to loose any sleep over this fact. People tend to be abusive to others, when they cannot see their own faults....

No comments:

Post a Comment