Friday 3 November 2017

Reasons To Be Thankful

Not sure if it is that time of the year, or the time of the month but feeling exhausted and meh at the moment. Deciding if this is my path, or if I should choose a different route. My Dad who is a very wise man always taught me, when you reach a crossroads and feel uncertain, to sit and consider all the reasons in your life to be thankful.

As I sat and pondered I did realise that life is good, as the world is full of suffering, pain and disappointment, and yet I have many things to be thankful of. What I do makes a difference to both animals and people, and that I am lucky that I am able to do this. I need to learn to be grateful for the things I have, and that being grateful is a choice that should be embraced.

I love lists, therefore a gratitude list should have come easily, but it had to be the right list, for the right reasons. You have to remind yourself all the reasons why you need to be thankful, and then the list is possible.

So my list is:

I am thankful for my husband, who is my rock, my strength and has never let me down regardless of what path I have dragged him down.

I am thankful for my health, although I am aging, and cannot do many of the things I was once able, I wake up every morning.

I am thankful for the opportunity to be able to do something in life that I enjoy, incredibly frustrating, highly stressful, always rewarding, and many times extremely hard.

I am thankful for my children who support what I do, and help where they can, and even at times enjoy the crazy world.

I am thankful for the support from the outside world for my charity at every twist and turn

I am thankful for books as these help to inspire me, and allow me to travel to different times and places

All in all I am thankful for many things, and have decided that this is my path at the moment, and I will continue on this journey until I reach another crossroads.




No comments:

Post a Comment