Monday 27 November 2017

People Used to Bring Me Flowers

Once upon a time, in a land far far away people used to bring me flowers, or a nice chilled bottle of wine, these days they bring me animals, and bags of food scraps. Now I know this sounds incredibly strange to normal people, in fact to me it is slightly odd, however, it has become the norm. Now before anyone calls social services, and declares I am feeding my kids scraps, they are for the chickens.

As a family we don't actually produce that much food wastage, my family loves food, and they will fight for the last remaining piece of food on a plate. Therefore, these food bags are welcome, and can be found hung on our gates, or thrust in my hand in public places. No matter where we go, people hand me bags of bread, and other smelly offerings.

Many of my animals were starved, or were in fact being fed the most awful diet before coming here, therefore, they can sniff out scraps. If anything gets thrown to the chickens, Magic is there expecting his piece too. Sadly he was fed bread, and sugar cane for many years, so he loves both, and will still fight you for a piece of mouldy bread.

So, if you see me in the street and fancy helping out by giving me a bag of scraps, you could also tie a bottle of wine to it, just to make my day!









No comments:

Post a Comment