Friday 5 April 2019

The Skies Opened

I've been quiet the last few weeks, due to being even more busy than usual, and dealing with the rain. If you read the blog, you will know we have flooding issues, and when it rains here it REALLY rains. On top of us flooding, having no power, I am now ill spending very day very wet (not moist) in the cold with no way of getting dry or warm has taken its toll.

The problem is when it rains in the Canaries, it RAINS, and unless you understand tropical storms, or flash flooding I don't think you will ever understand. One minute the skies are blue, the sun is out and the next you are stood in a foot of muddy water.

As I watched the property go under water, I remember those little conversations of "we must get the gutters replaced before it rains" Ive learnt over the years now, not to cry, not to stress, just let everything flood, everything get muddy and when the storm passes, to begin the great clean up.

I can cope with the rain, its the stupid people that get to me, when they message over and over and moan as you have not answered fast enough. When you explain to them that you have no power, which means no phone charger, no computer, yet they still moan that you have not answered.

You know they weather is really bad when I go to the supermarket (hate shopping) trust me it was warm and dry and I could charge my phone on the journey, so the trip was bearable, and I got a dog (different blog) so, for the idiots that keep messaging asking if they can come visit, yeah go for it, it only took me 20 minutes longer to drive the flooded, rock scattered roads from civilization to my house.

Yes, I know it is sunny in resort, but as I keep telling you I don't live in resort, and yes I am still flooded, and yes it has damaged loads. The reality is I'm not social usually, and at the moment I am, sat in a muddy puddle, with no phone signal, no internet, and the black plague, I would advise staying away!




No comments:

Post a Comment