Wednesday 29 November 2017

What Would You Do To Save Them?

Rescue is tough, and every day I have to make hard decisions, ones that I know will make a difference to an animals life. Yesterday I had to make the decision to remove one of the cats ears, don't worry I have not lost the plot entirely, she has cancer.

White cats are prone to cancer here, and I knew that one day it would get her, and over the weekend, I could see that she was ill. Her ears were being eaten away by this horrible disease, and she had a growth on her face.

I took her to the vet, and he confirmed the worst, my beautiful Tazzy had cancer, and I had to make the decision whether to let her go, or give her some more time. I choose to take her ears, and not her life.



Although I knew this was the right decision, and it has bought her some time, I feel so bad for her. She was always be beautiful to us, but there is something creepy about a cat with no ears!

So for the time being she has another chance, and we hope the cancer doesn't get too aggressive. Why is life so shit, and why do I have to make tough decisions, I would much rather play in a fort, coloring with crayons!



No comments:

Post a Comment