Thursday 16 May 2019

Reaching The Crossroads

Another long week, compacted by people attacking me on the internet, has brought me to a crossroads, where I am not sure if this is the route I want to continue on in life. This time of year is always exhausting, and internet trolls don't make it any easier. Too many animals, not enough donations, and exhaustion has caused me to stop and ponder.

Some say I deserve the abuse and others say I am justified in my answers, and the way I react. The honest answer is, I am who I am, and I'm not going to change. However, I don't deserve  to be attacked by complete strangers who know nothing about me.

You may not agree with me, or what I say and do, but until you have been here, seen what I do, and understood it all, you have no right to tell me what to do. People claim I have lost donations, support, and that I need to be more fluffy and nice.

When did we become a world where everyone is so easily offended, where people have to jump on a post that has nothing to do with them. I will not be bullied into removing comments and changing who I am, because people think I should. I believe in my charity, and I believe in what I do.

My father once told me, if you reach the crossroads, you must sit, and consider all the reasons in your life to be thankful. So, I sat, and pondered, and realized that life is good, and although the world is full of pain, suffering, and disappointment, there is always something to be thankful for.

I am thankful that I get to make a difference to both animals and people.

I am thankful for my husband, who is my rock, my strength and has never left my side regardless of what crazy path I have dragged him down.

I am thankful for my health, although I am aging, and I cannot do the things I once could, or I have to do them slower, I am alive every morning!

I am thankful for the opportunity to be doing something that I enjoy, and although it is stressful, incredibly demanding, and extremely hard some days, it is also very rewarding

I am thankful for my supporters, and my UK team who have helped to build the Pet Pals Gc family.

I am thankful for the people who live in my phone, and are there when I need them.

All in all I am incredibly lucky, and think this path is a good one to continue on, so for the time being you are all stuck with me. Embrace the journey, laugh at the comments, take everything in your stride, and support my amazing charity.










3 comments:

  1. Well said, I admire what you do and your strength of mind. There will always be the nasties out there. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, you do an amazing job, there are always going to be nasty keyboard warriors who are ignorant and rude, you are a strong,straight talking and most of all very caring person

    ReplyDelete
  3. How dare anyone criticise the work you do, the lives you save and the little lives you change for the better! I so admire all your hard work and love of animals. Please stay Louise, those little darlin's need you so badly.....xxxx

    ReplyDelete